Monday 12 November 2012

In which I pack to leave

Work experience for the second year of my course begins tomorrow. I am going to Cuttlebrook Koi Farm in Oxfordshire, England, to pitch in and learn how its done. Cuttlebrook has the reputation of being one of the (if not the) top providers of quality British-bred koi. I have heard only good about it, and spoken to some of the people who've had placements there in the past. I've seen the place in magazine articles. But I've never been myself.

So today I pack and think about what I need to bring. There'll be a place to sleep, a place to wash-and-ablute and a place to cook.

As far as I know, I take everything else with me.

Things I hadn't thought about like a tin opener. Extension cable. Cutlery and crockery. Loo roll. 

Better to go over-prepared than arrive and have the want of something.

So tomorrow I find my way there (thankfully after rush hour), following a never-used-one-before-and-bit-apprehensive-about-it SatNav system to get to a space in the middle of the fields where Google says I need to go.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment